Another Table Question (Cell Footnotes)

Okay - I searched the archive for this, but most of the hits involved
Table titles instead of Table cells.  One related to Table cells, but
I didn't see any answers.

So, here is my problem:  end-of-chapter style footnotes work fine with
table cells, which end up placing a footnote in the same block,
underneath the entire Table, with a lowercase letter for the symbol.
However, I much prefer the end-of-page footnotes.  What the table-cell
footnote then does, is proceed to still place a lowercase-letter
footnote at the end of the table, but also to follow it with a
number-footnote at the end of the page the table ends on.
Additionally, if I use one or more <footnoteref>s in the table to a
table-cell footnote, it actually repeats the numbered (end-of-page)
footnote for each <footnoteref>.

This is using the latest jadetex/openjade, using the tex output.

Following is some SGML which reproduces the effect I'm speaking of.

<!DOCTYPE section PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V4.1//EN">

<section>
<title>Table Footnote Problems Example</title>
<title>Character Escape Sequences</title>
<tgroup cols="2">
<tbody>
<row>
<entry>The bell character.  On some output devices, this will cause a
bell or a beep to sound.</entry>
</row>
<row>
<entry>The backspace character.  When this is output, it backs up the
active position (where the next character will be output to) by one
character.</entry>
</row>
<row>
<entry>Form feed.  On printers and other page-oriented devices,
outputting this character causes the current page to end.  The next
character written will be at the beginning of the first line of the
new page.</entry>
</row>
<row>
<entry>Begin a new line.  The next character printed will be placed at
the beginning of this new line.</entry>
</row>
<row>
<entry>Carriage return.  This brings the active position to the
beginning of the current line.</entry>
</row>
<row>
<entry>Tab character.  This causes the active position to move forward
to the next designated (horizontal) tab stop.</entry>
</row>
<row>
<entry>Vertical tab.  This causes the active position to be moved down
to the next vertical tab stop, at the beginning of that line.</entry>
</row>
<row>
<entry>Literal single-quote.  Use this when you want to be able to
specify the single-quote character inside a character
constant.<footnote id="fn.taste.ignore">
<para>We won't cover these yet, but we include it
here for completeness, so you can refer to this table later.  Ignore
them for now.</para>
</footnote>
</entry>
</row>
<row>
<entry>Literal double-quote.  Use this when you want to be able to
specify the double-quote character inside a string literal.</entry>
</row>
<row>
<entry>Literal question mark.  This is handy for avoiding
trigraphs<footnoteref linkend="fn.taste.ignore">.</entry>
</row>
<row>
<entry>Literal backslash.  It's a <quote>two wrongs make a
right</quote> kind of deal&mdash;use this to indicate that you really
mean a backslash character, not the start of an escape
sequence.</entry>
</row>
<row>
<entry>(numeric encoding)</entry>
<entry>This is specified with a backslash followed by either one to
three digits in octal (base eight), or the letter <literal>x</literal>
followed by a string of digits in hexadecimal (base
sixteen).<footnoteref linkend="fn.taste.ignore"></entry>
</row>
</tbody>
</tgroup>
</section>