Re: Sun Resolver classes released

/ Eric Richardson <eric.richardson@milagrosoft.com> was heard to say:
| Norman Walsh wrote:
| >
| > I'm pleased to announce that the set of Java classes that I wrote to
| > implement the OASIS XML Catalogs Committee Specification[1] for SAX
| > entityResolver() and JAXP URIResolver()s have been released[2].
|
| How does this relate to the Arbortext catalog resolver code?

This code is a complete replacement for the Arbortext code. (And is
actually a radical extension of that code base.)

| What's the "open source" status on this new code as Sun makes us log in
| etc.?

I forget what the binary license agreement says. I'm "this close" to a
source code release with a BSD-like license. There's one more legal
hurdle to do a backflip through.

| p.s. Figures that I just got the Arbortext catalog stuff working last
| week.

Well, the Resolver classes should be pretty easy to swap in.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | The best people usually owe their