Re: JavaHelp XSLT

wongkokwai@asia1.com wrote:

> 1) the <trademark> element is generated as &trade;. This is a Microsoft-only extension, not a
> W3C standard so it is not supported by JavaHelp viewer (and I believe not supported by
> Netscape Navigator)

HTMLsymbol.ent (part of HTML 4.01 DTD):

<!ENTITY trade    CDATA "&#8482;" -- trade mark sign, U+2122 ISOnum -->

So this is problem in HTML component used in JavaHelp, not stylesheets.
&trade; is perfectly legal in HTML 4.01.

> 2) when there is a several <sect1> within a <chapter>, the first <sect1> is not split into its
> own HTML file but remains in the same HTML file as the chapter opening. Is this by design or
> a bug?

This isn't bug, you can change this behaviour by setting parametr
chunk.first.sections to value 1.

> 3) the href for <link> elements are generated when the link is in another file.

And what's the problem with this?