Re: DSSSL to get section and chapter title in header

Dave Brooks, BCS Systems wrote:

> Putting rules on each of the headers (outer, center, inner) does do
> the
> job except that the rule is too high up. I can tweak this via
> jadetex.dtx but would rather do it all in DSSSL.

I have had a lot of frustration with this. I have a rule after my header
and a rule above my footer, and it looks fine, but:

1. I had to dix problems in jadetex.dtx in insertRule. It needed a
couple of \nointerlineskip commands in the right places.

2. There is a bad interaction between fancyhdr and TeX tables. jadetex
uses fancyhdr for the header stuff (SpSFirstFrontHeader etc).

The problem is that whenever I have a table on a page, where the table
crosses the page, the rule under my header jumps up a whole line. This
is independent of the fact that I have two line headers. However,
whenever I try to use two line footers, the bar over my footers screw up
as well.

I simply do not know enough TeX at this stage to fix these problems.

--
Richard Sharpe, rsharpe@ns.aus.com, LPIC-1
www.samba.org, www.ethereal.com, SAMS Teach Yourself Samba