Re: html/xhtml to docbook filter

At 13:10 30/08/01 +0200, Ismael Olea wrote:

>         I'm looking for a filter to translate clean html files into docbook.
>
>         Does anybody know something about that?
>
>         I'm in a hurry for filtering tables, so if you now a fast way to
> do it,
>I'll be grateful :-)

Ensure the HTML is XHTML compliant (ie, is a valid XML document) and write
some XSLT to match the tags/attributes and output the appropriate Docbook
tags - the difficulty will be in identifying the structural components
within your document from the HTML markup. Then use something like testxslt
(in the Xalan C++ distribution) as a command line utility to do the
transformation.

Regards,

Dave