Re: formal.procedures and insert.xref.page.number andfont size in xsls

> From: David Cramer <david_cramer@broadjump.com>
>
> Hi there,
> I'm working on three problems:
>
> In version 1.44 fo xsl stylesheets, the following settings aren't hav=
> ing
> the desired effect.=20
>
> 1. formal.procedures
>
> <xsl:param name=3D"formal.procedures" select=3D"1"/>
>
> In the output procedures have only the "Title of Procedure", not
> "Procedure 1.1. Title of Procedure".=20

I'm afraid you have run into an unfinished feature
here.  In looking at the the html and fo templates in CVS for
<procedure>, the fo version is just using the title element
and not the gentext templates to process the title. The
surest way to get this fixed (short of fixing it yourself)
is to file a bug report in the DocBook Open Repository
project on sourceforge.net.

> 2. xref.page.numbers:
>
> <xsl:param name=3D"insert.xref.page.number" select=3D"1"/>
>
> I've set this, and I get pages numbers after glossseealsos, but not
> after any other xrefs.

Again, looking at the templates, this feature has only
been implemented for glossary entries.  There is a
template named 'insert.page.citation' but currently
it is only used in xrefs to glossterms.  Another
bug report.

> 3. body.font.master
>
> When I set: <xsl:param name=3D"body.font.master">11</xsl:param>, and =
> run
> the .fo through xep, I get a bunch of errors like the ones pasted bel=
> ow.
>
> warning: static content overflow (xsl-region-before)
>  136warning: static content overflow (xsl-region-after)
> warning: static content overflow (xsl-region-before)
>  137warning: static content overflow (xsl-region-after)
>
> Is there something else I need to set to let me go with a bigger font=
> ?

I'm able to generate a .fo file with this set to 11
without error.  Is the error message coming from
the FO processor?  Which one are you using?

bobs
                                            email: bobs@caldera.com