RE: formal.procedures and insert.xref.page.number andfont size in xsls

Looks like you have to adjust the params region.before.extent and
region.after.exten along with the font size.

Using the following settings, the errors go away and the page number's
come back:
<xsl:param name="body.font.master">11</xsl:param>
<xsl:param name="region.after.extent" select="'14pt'"/>
<xsl:param name="region.before.extent" select="'14pt'"/>

Here's Nikolai Grigoriev's explanation in reply to a question and sample
file I sent him:

> I get the warnings below and the page numbers no longer
> appear on the bottom of the page.

XEP works as expected. Let's see:

- extents of both region-before and region-after in your document are 12
pt;
- the line height is not defined, therefore a default of (1.2 *
font-size) is
used
  (as prescribed by the spec);
- therefore, the maximum font size to fit a line of text (with half
leadings
around
   it) into the avaliable space is: 12 pt / 1.2 = 10 pt. On bigger font
sizes,
there is
   no room to fit even a single line

To repair, you should either increase extents of side regions to a value
larger
than the computed value of line-height, or set line-height to a smaller
value:

<fo:block font-size="10pt" line-height="1">....

or by using a CSS shorthand:

<fo:block font="10pt/1 Futura">....

By the way: in your code, I see specifications like font-size="10"
(without
any measurement unit). This is unreliable: we give no guarantee of
consistent
treating of unitless lengths. You should better avoid it.

Best regards,
Nikolai Grigoriev
RenderX

<snip>