Can website dtd do page "masters"?

Hi there,

I am working on some web pages and am interested in using the website
dtd + xsl.  The site being sufficiently complex, we would like to use
multiple page layouts.  Looking at the website xsl I couldn't quite see
if we could or could not do this.  We also need to integrate with other
page generators; I'd need to see how I can do that.

I was thinking of `<config param="master" value="some-layout"/>' on a
web page which would then pull in `some-layout' to produce that page
(some-layout could be a .xml template, or a .xsl or ...).  There would
then be additional <config/> items to guide that particular layout in
its work.  In concept sort of like how the docbook titlepage stuff works
(I am not sure about how it works in practise, i.e. how dynamic it is),
or maybe more like xsl-fo flows on page areas.

Can website do this now?  If yes, can someone point me to examples?  If
not, does this sound like a reasonable direction to go to?  I'll happy
to hack at the .xsl as long as it is not changing all the time under my
feet and others feel I am going in the right direction...

Cheers and thanks for these great tools!
//lat
--
The most important thing for a young man is to establish
credit---a reputation, character.  --John D. Rockerfeller