Re: "--" again; this time via passivetex

Tim Waugh wrote:

> > If you want quick workaround, you can insert zero-width joining space
> > character (?) between two -:
> >
> > <para>Two dashes or not two dashes: -&#x200b;-?</para>
>
> We already have a preprocessing stage of course: XSL-T.  Here is some
> XSL that works around the problem in a better way, by translating '--'
> in the XML source into '-&#x200b;-' in the XSL-FO.

It may be reasonable to add this preprocessing into standard XSL FO
stylesheets as many of FO users use PassiveTeX. Of course translation
will take place only when PassiveTeX extensions will be enabled. This
will slowdown stylesheet little bit, but it is less painless than manual
tweaks in source document. What do you think about it, Norm? If you
agree, I can incorporate this into stylesheets.

				Jirka