Re: XSL customization : chunking new element at sect1level

> From: Gershon L Joseph <gershon@mainsoft.com>
>
> I have added my own elements at the same level of <sect1>, because I'd
> like these elements to be chunked in a similar way to <sect1> elements.
>
> My customization layer adds support for my elements (e.g. <apidef>), and
> I've updated all XSL stylesheets that process <sect1> elements. However,
> chunker.xsl generates the following message:
>
> Error commandlineprogramdef is not a chunk!
> Writing  for commandlineprogramdef
> Error on line 116 of
> file:/m:/doc/doc/tools/xsl/docbook-xsl-1.45/html/chunker.xsl:
>   Failed to create output file
> Transformation failed: run-time errors were reported
> *** Error code 2
> clearmake: Error: Build script failed for "index.htm"
>
> I'm using Instant Saxon 6.4.3 on Win2k. I've updated chunk-common.xsl to
> cater for my elements, as well as titlepage.templates.xml (which makes no
> difference).
>
> Has anyone successfully done this? If so, what am I missing? I've been
> through the chunk.xsl and all of the imported and included XSL files with
> a fine tooth comb, and I've updated them with code to add support for my
> <apidef> and such elements. So now I'm at a loss...
>
> My customization layer adds the following code to the
> standard html\titlepage.xsl file:
>
>   <!-- Start of additions to html/titlepage.xsl -->
>
> <xsl:attribute-set name="commandlineprogramdef.titlepage.recto.style"
>                    use-attribute-sets="section.titlepage.recto.style"/>
> <xsl:attribute-set name="commandlineprogramdef.titlepage.verso.style"
>                    use-attribute-sets="section.titlepage.verso.style"/>
>
> <xsl:attribute-set name="guiprogramdef.titlepage.recto.style"
>                    use-attribute-sets="section.titlepage.recto.style"/>
> <xsl:attribute-set name="guiprogramdef.titlepage.verso.style"
>                    use-attribute-sets="section.titlepage.verso.style"/>
>
> <xsl:attribute-set name="apidef.titlepage.recto.style"
>                    use-attribute-sets="section.titlepage.recto.style"/>
> <xsl:attribute-set name="apidef.titlepage.verso.style"
>                    use-attribute-sets="section.titlepage.verso.style"/>
>
> <xsl:attribute-set name="envardef.titlepage.recto.style"
>                    use-attribute-sets="section.titlepage.recto.style"/>
> <xsl:attribute-set name="envardef.titlepage.verso.style"
>                    use-attribute-sets="section.titlepage.verso.style"/>
>
>   <!-- End of additions to html/titlepage.xsl -->
>
> My customization of chunk-common.xsl adds code for <apidef> at all places
> where <sect1> is processed (too long to post here...)

It is hard to say without more information. The message
is generated when the test for chunk fails. That test is
performed by the template named "chunk" in chunk-common.xsl.
Perhaps you could post your "chunk" template.

bobs
                                            email: bobs@caldera.com