Re: announce: "dbtexmath"

On Thu, 15 Nov 2001, Jirka Kosek wrote:

> ... I put TeX representation directly into <alt> element in
> equations. Thus there were no need to modify DTD and I think that
> this is allowed usage of alt as I understand TeX as textual
> representation of math equation.

Good point.  This simplifies things a bit.  I have put up a new
version of dbtexmath that uses the <alt> element in equations rather
than requiring a new <texmath> element.

> To make your solution more robust, I wouldn't use Perl to extract
> filenames for equations, but instead tweak DSSSL sheets to
> generate some file with all equations and corresponding image
> names.

Sounds like a good suggestion too, but that will take me a bit longer!
Any pointers on what to do in DSSSL to get jade to write out an
auxiliary file?

In today's dbtexmath version I've included "about.pdf" in the tarball
-- thanks to Juan Migoya for pointing out I'd forgotten it.

http://ricardo.ecn.wfu.edu/~cottrell/dbtexmath/

Allin Cottrell.