Re: Re: XSL implementation of DBTeXMath

At 14:32 07/12/2001 +0100, Jirka Kosek wrote:

>OK. But what is the defference between "E=mc square" and "E=mc^2" when
>synthetised by some reader tool? I have no personal experience with such
>tools, so may be I'm missing something. Using TeX equation in alt
>element means that this TeX version of equation will appear as
>alternative text on image.

Primarily it relies on the reader understanding the character sequences
of \tex?

Probably about as rare as xml readers using synth speech (TV Raman excepted).
I've yet to meet a user who can / has interpreted mathml in other than French,
for which the braille contractions are minimal.

Getting even intermediate math into understandable plain text is a mess
Jirka, never mind
advanced stuff. Your alt text makes the assumption that the users support
technology
can hack it, which is not always the case.
Regards DaveP
(also at www.rnib.org.uk )

It is nice that you are thinking of it though, most don't even bother to
consider it,
for which thanks.