Re: Ordered List Item Numbers

/ Joseph Polanik <jpolanik@mindspring.com> was heard to say:
| I have a docBook document with many ordered lists. A few are nested.
|
| I'd like to have the second item of the inner list have an item
| number like 3.2 (where the inner list is within the 3rd list item of
| the outer list.

The problem is that HTML doesn't support this enumeration style. You'd have to use
DLs, as Bob Stayton suggested, but then you often get lists numbered:

   3.2
        Whatever 3.2 should say

which would just generate more bug reports :-)

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | He would like to start from