Re: need help with DocBook customization

Dear Ian and others who responded to this thread:

Thanks for your responses.  To produce the first pass of my handbook,  I
speed read the online version of "Writing Documentation Using DocBook - A
Crash Course" by David Rugge, Mark Galassi, and Eric Bischoff and came up
with the basic template to generate it.  Learning the elements that provide
the main structure was more important and thus I did not explore or read
about customized style sheet.  I do plan to read up on it as you have
suggested.

In the process of customization, I am sure I will make mistakes and perhaps
not understand some aspects.  I hope you will have the patience to guide
this "docbook" newbie in the right direction.

I am using the docbook packages included in the RH7.2 distribution.   I
used docbook2pdf and docbook2html which are front end scripts to another
script 'jw'.

I did miss the "part" element, in the v3.1 quick reference, to separate the
book into different parts, thanks for pointing it out :)

Regards,
Arun Khan