Re: Getting the right Doctype for xsltproc?

On Sun, Jan 06, 2002 at 06:07:40PM -0600, ttg@charter.net wrote:
> 2.  Pass same to xsltproc giving xslt the dtd to use,
>      in this case docbook.xsl?  (Here is where I start
>      going off into the weeds...)

  .xsl is an XSLT stylesheet, not a DTD
You need to pass xsltproc at least 2 arguments first the XSLT stylesheet
second the XML document.

  xsltproc will print this if you don't give it any argument or a
bogus one.

> Um, yes, I am still confused??!!??

  What about reading a bit ? If you're a complete newbie to the point
of not making the difference between an XSLT stylesheet and a DTD
(Document Type Definition) asking for help at every step is gonna be
very slow and a bit painful, no ? There is a profusion (too much maybe)
of general books and on-line articles about XML available.

Daniel