Re: Again: Apache FOP, Docbook: Features / Versions,"complete" Docbook distribution

Hello Tim,

On Sun, 13 Jan 2002 ttg@charter.net wrote:
> Please clarify the tools...

> 1/13/02 9:56:00 AM, Alexander Schatten <alasan@gmx.net> wrote:
> >> my.fo  --> my.fop  using fo/fo-patch-for-fop.xsl (included w/1.48)
>
> What tool do I use for this?

E.g. xsltproc or any other xslt engine: .xsl suffix of the stylesheet file
hints xsl(t), .fo stands for an XSL-FO document which is XML(-syntax)
itself => all requirements for xslt are fulfilled.

> >> my.fop --> my.pdf  using fop.
>
> What tool do I use for this?

Any XSL-FO renderer, e.g. FOP, PassiveTeX, XEP, or RenderX.

> I have downloaded the apache stuff,
> all I can find are class files...no program!
> I am, again, lost...sigh

Uhm, sorry, haven't tried FOP myself yet. Maybe one of the experts out
there can comment on this? I just wonder why there are class files, isn't
FOP packaged as a jar file that even specifies its main-class in its
manifest, so one doesn't have to know what class to run in the java vm?

Bye,
Steffen.

--
  http://w3studi.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/~maiersn/