Empty cells using FO stylesheets

When a table with the following rows are rendered using the HTML
stylesheets (1.48), everything looks great. The same table gives strange
a strange result, allthough perfectly legal construct.!

  <

  <row>
  </row>
  <row>
    <entry>C</entry>
  </row>

The empty cell will contain the characters    e(,),

which is just what I expected looking at the template empty.table.cell in
fo/table.xsl, however I would have expected som post-processing, but
havn't figured what that should be,

------

I have set the parameters for every stylesheet extention, I can think
about, buth nothing really happens. The tables is BTW rendered
correctly, except for the text, and missing row- and col seperatoes.

BTW, in the reference documentation for FO
(re: doc/fo/table.column.extension), Norm talks about adjusting the
column width in HTML columns. Isn't this a fo parameter after all ?

Regards

Jens