RE: Navigation Tool for Docbook-Documents in Emacs

Thanks very much, will have a look at it.

Done: looks quite nice, haven't tried yet on docbook, because all our
documents use nested <section> tags.
Gave it a shot on the generated HTML: The arbritrary division in the imenu
index is somewhat unfortunate, with ca. 320 section headings it's difficult
to find the h1's among them. Is there any way to make imenu represent the
hirarchy? Or should one use something like speedbar (never looked at the api
of that).

Replacing the (assoc substr hier-imenu-levels) in
imenu-create-hierarchical-index with a function call (optionally) would
allow to integrate <section> by searching the PSGML tree upwards also. Maybe
I should try it this evening.

Btw., my next plan is an ID/IDREF manager analogous to Reftex. Here PSGML's
parse tree is probably the best approach anyway.

FYI I attached my current approach to this. If you can spare some time, look
at doctoc.el comments. Not polished (autoload etc.), some XEmacs specific
parts, but you should get the idea (of useability). Comments/ideas more than
welcome.

Jens