Re: xsltproc and tablecolumns.extension (was Re: Noframes around tables - how to activate Saxon extensions for Norman Walsh's XSL1.48?)

/ Alex Lancaster <alexl@socrates.berkeley.edu> was heard to say:
| that extension.  Any word (Daniel V.?) on whether that is planned or
| even possible at some stage in xsltproc?  It's not part of the exsl

Daniel and I have talked about getting the extensions ported over.
He's got some support for extensions in Python so as soon as a couple
of things are worked out, I'll probably try to write them in Python.
Then maybe he can port them to the C code for maximum portability.
(Yes, I could port them to C too, but I bet DV can do it about 10
times faster :-)

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--