Re: On creating PDF bookmarks

On Fri, Mar 08, 2002 at 05:36:37PM +0100, Jens Stavnstrup wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, Sven Kitschke wrote:
>
> > My questions are now:
> > - What would be the right way: change docbook stylesheets or FOP?
> > - What say the xsl-fo specs (I know: RTFSpec :-). Maybe
> > someone else has done this before and can answer.)
> > - If we/I would customize the stylesheets, would this
> > cause side effects?
>

> The right way would of course be to fix FOP, but that is not going to
> happen any tie soon. So the next best approach would be to write a
> customized stylesheet (with a quick fix - properly to link to the page as
> you do, or maybe to a redifine the main template in fo/fop.xsl to point
> to first first block in component - yes bad hack)
>
> My stylesheet is full of bad temporary "FOP fixes".

I agree that this should be fixed in FOP, not the
DocBook stylesheets.  As a point of reference, PassiveTex
produces chapter bookmarks that work using the Docbook
stylesheets (with parameter passivetex.extensions=1).

Also, a quick check of the Apache Bugzilla shows that this
bug has been reported to the FOP project.  So while
we wait for a fix, a customization file workaround is about
all you can do.

                                            email: bobs@caldera.com