Re: Can't get LINK to link?

Bob

You are right (of course) - the stylesheets are the ones from
SourceForge
(http://docbook.sourceforge.net/projects/xsl/)

I have reinserted the <!DOCTYPE>declaration (removed for quicker
editing) and all is now well...

Thanks
Derek

On Fri, Mar 15, 2002 at 11:10:50AM +0200, Derek Hohls wrote:
> I think this is a simple (stupid?) question:
>
> I have a DocBook file that I am trying to format to HTML using the
> OASIS stylesheets.
>
> I have a hyperlink that I want to create to jump to another point in
> the same file:
>
> <DEFANGED_link linkend="fred">go to fred</link>
>
> and later on:
>
> <para id="fred"> ....
>

> The HTML comes out as:

> and

> What I am missing to make it work?  I have also tried with sections
> and
> get the same problem...

Not sure what you mean by OASIS stylesheets.
OASIS doesn't distribute stylesheets, only
the DTDs.

What tools are you using to process the file?
Just guessing, but does your file have a <!DOCTYPE>
declaration, or are there any error messages about not
being able to find the DTD?  The DSSSL stylesheets, and XSL
stylesheets prior to version 1.47, require access to the
DTD to declare the id and linkend attributes as type ID and
IDREF, respectively.  Without the DTD, the links won't
resolve.

The XSL stylesheets since 1.47 treat id and linkend as
ordinary attributes, and resolve links using an xsl:key index
and key() function lookup on the id attribute.

                                            email: bobs@caldera.com