Re: [DOCBOOK-APPS] Help needed formatting HTML fromXML/XSL

Following up on my own original post:

Tim> Hi,
Tim>   I'm scratching my head here, trying to figure out what I'm doing
Tim>   wrong..

Tim>   I've got a document that looks something like this:

Tim>   <book>
Tim>      <sect1><title> This is section 1 of ch 1</title>
Tim>        <para>
Tim> 	      This is some text for section 1
Tim>        </para>
Tim>      </sect1>
Tim>      <sect1><title>This is section 2 of ch 1</title>
Tim>        <para>
Tim> 	     This is some text for section 2
Tim>        </para>
Tim>       </sect1>
Tim>     </chapter>
Tim>    </book>

Tim>    When I try to render this into HTML (using XalanC 1.3,
Tim>    docbook-xml-4.2b1, docbook-xsl-1.49) I get something which looks
Tim>    like this:

Tim>    1. This is chapter 1
Tim>      1.1 This is section 1 of chapter 1
Tim>      1.2 This is section 2 of chapter 1

Tim>    This is some text for section 1
Tim>    This is some text for section 2

Tim>    What I want is

Tim>    1. This is chapter 1
Tim>      1.1 This is section 1 of chapter 1
Tim>      1.2 This is section 2 of chapter 1

Tim>    1. This is chapter 1
Tim>      1.1 This is section 1 of chapter 1
Tim>    	 This is some text for section 1

Tim>      1.2 This is section 2 of chapter 1
Tim> 	      This is some text for section 2

Tim>    Which parameters do I tune ?

Tim>    Yours,
Tim> 	TimT

    After some experiment, I've come up with the following:

    - The problem (no section headers with the section text) does not
      occur with XalanC/stylesheets 1.48 and earlier

    - The problem does occur with Xalan C and stylesheets 1.49 and
      later.

    - The problem does not occur with XalanJ or XSLTproc.

   Unfortunately, I don't know enough about XSLT to understand how all
   this fits together and where things go wrong.

   Suggestions ?

   TimT.

--
tim.timmerman@asml.nl                              040-2683613