Re: My ordered lists have extra space between lines.

/ Stephen Bannasch <stephen@concord.org> was heard to say:
| My ordered lists have extra space between lines.

This is, IMHO, a browser issue. The content model of LI clearly allows
P and there's no reason why the browsers should do what they do.

That said, lots of people would like it to work differently. It would
be fairly easy to suppress the P on listitems containing a single
paragraph, so I suppose that's what I should do. I hesitate because it
would create some inconsistencies if some listitems in the list
contained more than one paragraph.

| Also according to the html4.0 spec the attribute compact should be rendered as either: [compact] or [compact="compact"].  However they warn that many browsers only interpret the simpler form.

Not my problem. You can't express the former in XML. The HTML serializer could
turn the latter in the former, I suppose, but there's nothing the stylesheets
can do.

Oh, and the former is exactly equivalent to the latter in SGML so browsers that
don't understand the latter are simply broken.

(Gee, cranky today, ain't I? :-)

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--