Re: Overview of available editors

Trevor,

Pardon me for barging in, off topic and uninvited. I've seen you posts
before and have noted the sig referring to British Sign Language. As a
person with a severe hearing disability, I suppose I'm somewhat more
sensitive to this sort of information that many. However, in addition, I'm
in the final throws of a CD redesign for the Canadian Federal Government,
trying to create a version of the content that is accessible, or at least
more accessible than the Shockwave version that was nearing completion when
I became involved in the project. Most of the design effort has been
directed at providing for people with visual disabilities. None the less,
the issue of English language literacy and the Deaf community has been raised.

My question is, can you point me to information that would give me some
insight into creating online or electronic information sources that use
sign? I guess, given I'm in North America, ASL would be of more direct
interest but anything that would provide an overview of the issues and
opportunities of "automated" sign language would be very helpful.

Of course, if this is an intrusion and a major inconvenience, please accept
my apologies. You needn't even respond to this if such is the case.

Thanks and regards.                     ...edN

<snip>