Transforming SGML instance to XML instance

I should know this; my excuse is the long hours and late nights I've put
in to finish my 450+ page DocBook-ed document have pushed the answerout of
my head. ;-)

The master version of my document is in SGML (has and requires
IGNORE/INCLUDE marked sections) from which I need to derive various
electronic versions, viz an RTF version, an XML version, and eventually a
PDF. Now the RTF I can get (have got) using jade. Something, probably FOP
whenit's upto it, will produce the PDF version. But I'm having trouble
with the XML version.

When I run sx to produce an XML-compliant instance no DOCTYPE declaration
is inserted. Have tried every option I can find within sx but the DTD just
doesn't make it into the output. It does include the <?xml PI correctly.

The SGML instane's DOCTYPE declaration has subset declarations; actually
all general entity declarations. Otherwise it's by the book. No
element customisations no nothing.

I'm using the latest version of openjade (1,3,4) ripped from sourceforge
last week. As this includes all of SP the version of osx is the same
(1.3.4). So happens I'm using the DocBook 3.1 DTD but that shouldn't be
the cause of the omission.

So how can I force sx/osx to include an appropriate DOCTYPE declaration
for the XML instance?

Regards, Trevor

British Sign Language is not inarticulate handwaving; it's a living language.
Support the campaign for formal recognition by the British government now!
Details at http://www.fdp.org.uk/ or http://www.bsl-march.co.uk/

--

<>< Re: deemed!