Using make with jade

I'm trying to write a Makefile for my Docbook documentation project.
Thought this would be simple until I came across the option I want to pass
to the customised driver stylesheet. In the shell this would appear in the

    -d projdir/project-driver.dsl#print

option to (open)jade.

My problem is that the man and info files for make are almost silent as to
the effect of this number sign in a command file (or variable assignment
for that fact). The usual interpretation of # in make is to denote the
start of commentary material but in this instance it isn't comment it's
vital to the correct operation of jade.

The info for make says this:

   * `#' in a line of a makefile starts a "comment".  It and the rest of
     the line are ignored, ... Comments may appear ... within commands
     (where the shell decides what is a comment).  ...

I need to be certain that this jade-mandated # isn't going to be eaten by
make but will be passed intact to the shell.

Anyone else encountered this problem and solved it?

Regards, Trevor

British Sign Language is not inarticulate handwaving; it's a living language.
Support the campaign for formal recognition by the British government now!
Details at http://www.fdp.org.uk/ or http://www.bsl-march.co.uk/

--

<>< Re: deemed!