Re: Catalog Question

On Mon, 15 Apr 2002, Eric Richardson wrote:
> Now I have the following in the driver which I want to be located via a
> SYSTEM entry in the catalog.
>
> <xsl:import href="docbook.xsl"/>
>
> I have a catalog that points to the docbook dtds which is working and I
> am using the older Java catalog resolution software.
>
> CATALOG "docbook-dtd/docbook.cat"
> SYSTEM  "urn:?:?"  "docbook-xsl/xhtml/docbook.xsl"

Seems as if you tried SGML-CATALOGs which are "only" capable of resolving
PUBLIC or SYSTEM Identifiers. But the href attribute in xsl:import is an
URI neither PI nor SI. To rewrite that stuff you need XML-Catalogs. In
case you want Norm's latest resolver implementation:
http://wwws.sun.com/software/xml/developers/resolver/. The description of
XML-Catalogs is at http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/entity/spec.html.
Watch out for
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/entity/spec.html#s.rewriteuri.