Re: Re: DOCBOOK: Manpages in Linux

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 09:25:25AM -0500, Dennis Grace wrote:

> Trying to build man pages with docbook2man was (pace Steve Cheng)
> something of a nightmare for us. It's incomplete. If you want to
> build man pages from XML, I recommend processing with XSLTPROC via
> Martin van Beers' db2man.xsl (available from Sourceforge). Works
> like a champ.

I have made a substantial number of improvements to db2man, and (as I
said earlier) have distributed this improved version as part of xmlto.

I would love to incorporate the improvements into CVS.  I spoke to
Martin about it some months ago, but the few patches I had sent him at
the time have never shown up. :-(

You can get xmlto from here: http://cyberelk.net/tim/xmlto

For a demonstration of the output quality, take a look at the xmlto
man page, or the man pages distributed with patchutils
(http://cyberelk.net/tim/patchutils).

Martin, any chance of getting these improvements into CVS yet?

Tim.
*/