Re: Has anyone tested Framemaker 7 with Docbook XML?

On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 09:32:04PM +0200, Alexander Schatten wrote:
> Framemaker 7 seems to be a very interesting upgrade in terms of XML
> support. Has anyone tested already importing / using docbook XML with
> Framemaker (and off course publishing using Framemaker)

I don't believe FrameMaker 7 has been released.
They told me mid May.

I got FrameMaker+SGML 6 to work with DocBook 3.1 SGML.
Officially FrameMaker+SGML 6 does not read XML
files, but it can if done correctly (a proper declarations
file).

I tried Docbook 4.1.2 and 4.2 with FrameMaker+SGML 6, and it
was very frustrating.  Generally the program crashed
when trying to import the DTD to form the FrameMaker EDD.
After mucking with it awhile and removing a bunch of
attributes, I got 4.1.2 to load and create the EDD.  I never
got 4.2 to load.  But then the program would crash when
trying to read or write SGML files, even simple ones.

Since I was still in my support time, I filed a report
with Adobe and they investigated.  They came back and said
that version 6 won't work with DocBook 4, but they expect
the next version to.

We'll see.

                                            email: bobs@caldera.com