Re: Keeping entities in a transformation

At 11:47 02/05/2002 -0400, Jeff Beal wrote:

>I m working an an XSL script to clean up my DocBook XML.  I m running into
>problems because all of the entities are declared in a top-level driver
>file, and the content resides in about 3,000 external entities, which do
>not include DOCTYPE declarations.  I need to maintain our current file
>structure and naming scheme (which unfortunately does not correspond
>directly to the XML.).
>

>How can I get the XSL process to ignore undeclared entities and copy the
>reference through to the result tree?

AFAIK you can't Jeff.

By the time the file is in the hands of the xslt engine,
its been through the parser and the entities expanded.

DC solution is to preprocess &xxxx; to YYYYYxxxx;, i.e. get rid of the
sensitive bit
and then re-insert it later. I'm told *nix has some tools that do this :-)
I use msub on my lowly win2k machine (but it does the job :-)

HTH DaveP