Re: Onechunk problem

On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 03:30:17PM -0500, Dennis Grace wrote:

> About my error message:
> >
> >       Error chapter is not a chunk!
> >       Writing for chapter
> >       runtime error: file
> > /usr/share/sgml/docbook/docbook-xsl-1.50.0/html/chunker.xsl
> >       line 79 element document
> >       xsltDocumentElem: URL computation failed for
> >

> Bob Stayton says:
> >>>>>
> I just started running across this error myself, but I'm
> not using the chunker.xsl stylesheet.
>
> I've been converting refentrys to man pages using the
> db2man XSL stylesheet.  It isn't using either of the
> docbook.xsl stylesheets because it is producing text
> output, not fo or html.  So it doesn't use chunker.xsl.
>
> But it does use the same output element that chunker uses:
> <exsl:document>.  Actually, db2man arrives using
> <xt:document> but I changed it to <exsl:document>.
> In both of our cases, the line number points
> to that element.  Oddly enough, when I get this error,
> it still produces the correct output.  And I have a couple
> of dozen other refentries that don't produce this noise.
> It appears to be trying to compute a URL for a blank
> argument.
> <<<<<
>
> I don't see xt:document anywhere in db2man. Where did you make this change?

I got my db2man.xsl as part of the xmlto-0.0.8-2.noarch.rpm
RPM file that I downloaded from Tim Waugh's site at
http://cyperelk.net/tim/docbook/.  I wasn't sure who had
the latest and greatest version.

> I get the HTML output, too, but the TOC links in it don't work. I don't get
> these problems (the error or the faulty TOC) if I process through chunk.xsl
> (1.50.0), by the way.
>
> Also, I noticed a couple things that confused me on this. The error message
> points to line 79 of chunker.xsl, which does just happen to be at the
> center of an extension element that exslt.org lists as unsupported. I think
> this is a misdirection, though. That same exsl element appears in the 1.49
> chunker.xsl, and it doesn't generate the error message. I wouldn't be
> surprised to find the problem is actually in another file altogether.

The line number reported is the line with the closing ">"
for exsl:document element.  I think the xsltproc parser
is using that as the element line.  I have several files
that do not generate the error, and two that do, so it is
not happening with all files.  I haven't had time to
investigate what is different about those two files.

> I went ahead and submitted the bug.

Good.

                                            email: bobs@caldera.com