Re: Literals and strings?!?

On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 04:13:06PM -0600, Gre7g Luterman wrote:
> To do so, I've blindly replaced that code with:
>
> (r1-sosofo (make element gi: "script"
>   (make sequence
>     (literal "function prev() { document.location.href='")
>     (href-to prev)
>     (literal "'; } ")
>     (literal "function next() { document.location.href='")
>     (href-to next)
>     (literal "'; }"))))
>
> This is almost certainly the hard way to go about this, but I know
> I'm very close.  The problem is those blasted (href-to prev) and
> (href-to next) statements.  They return strings, which makes the make
> sequence command unhappy (ERROR: this context requires a sosofo).

You have to convert the returned strings to sosofos, just like you did
with constant strings: "(literal (href-to prev))", etc.

> Likewise, if I try to do this with just strings:
>
> (r1-sosofo (make element gi: "script"
>   (literal
>     (string-append
>       "function prev() { document.location.href='"
>       (href-to prev)
>       "'; } "
>       "function next() { document.location.href='"
>       (href-to next)
>       "'; }"))))
>
> Then I get an even more peculiar error in an unexpected place (I
> would assume a calling routine):
>
> jade:HTML.dsl\dbhtml.dsl:28:23:E: 1st argument for primitive
> "number->string" of wrong type: "#f" not a number

That's line 28, 23th character (not column 23, beware of tabs).  Is
that one of the lines you show ?  I'd suppose the problem is somewhere
else.

Regards,
--
Yann Dirson <Yann.Dirson@fr.alcove.com>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Technical support manager                Responsable de l'assistance technique