Re: Re: Autotoc of chapter and article in book

On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 10:47:00AM +0400, Vitaly Ostanin wrote:
> Bob Stayton wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 04:33:14PM +0400, Vitaly Ostanin wrote:
> >
> >>Hello!
> >>
> >>I use DocBook/XML 4.1.2, xsl-stylesheets 1.51.1 and
> >>xslt-processor - xsltproc 1.0.18.

> >>documents, toc in book (chenked html output) not ok for me.
> >>
> >>Subtoc of article not displayed on first book page, but subtoc of
> >>chapter is displayed. Help me, please, can I get subtoc of
> >>article too ? Thanks.
> >
> > It seems to work for me.  I have a book document in
> > which I changed one chapter to an article. When I run it
> > with your toolset, the book TOC looks the same except
> > that 'chapter' is no longer numbered since it is
> > an article.  The subtoc shows.
>
> Hmm... HTML output of my book is here:
> http://www.vzljot.ru/vyt/admin-html/
>
> Text is in russian "koi8-r" charset, but you can see what item
> '3' (article) in the toc not have a subtoc.
>
> Article self is here:
> http://www.vzljot.ru/vyt/admin-html/ch03.html
> and have a subtoc.
>
> Another items in the toc is <chapter>.
>
> By the way, I use <xi:include> elements for including <sect1> to
> <chapter> to <book>.
>
> > You are sure the article has sections?
>
> Yes, article has <sect1> elements.
>
> > Have you done any customization regarding TOCs?
>
> No.
>
> >>PS Do I must to duplicate bug reports from sourceforge tracker in
> >>this mailing list?
> >

> > Not sure what you mean. It is sometimes best to inquire
> > in the mailing list about a bug before filing it
> > on sourceforge.  Sometimes we can avoid the overhead
> > of filing a bug report.
>
> Thanks, I'm understand.

Hi,
Your HTML output indicates the article element is inside
the chapter element (<div class="chapter">).  Is that right?
If so, then that is not valid DocBook.  Article can be
a sibling to a chapter, but not a child.  XSLT processors
don't automatically validate documents.

                                            email: bobs@caldera.com