LOTs on separate chunks

Hi!

Currently in the PHP Manual (http://www.php.net/manual) all LOTs
are disables (List of Tables, Examples, etc), because we do not like
to put these LOTs onto the frontpage. The question is if anybody has
experience on putting those LOTs into their own chunks one by one,
and put links into the TOC for them? I would be very happy to hear
any sucess stories, because it would easy our work very much ;)

Thanks,
Goba