Re: Limited number of <question>s allowed.

On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 10:00:48AM -0400, Mercedes Bowie wrote:
> I'm using FOP 0.20.4, XSL stylesheets 1.53 and Saxon 6.5.2.
>
> So far everything works reasonably well, until I want more than six
> <question>s in my document - going to pdf.  Up to six works fine, but if I
> add one more I get the following error:
>
> [ERROR] The id "d0e360" already exists in this document
>
> In the fo, however, this id actually exists only once.  I get the same
> error whether I put the questions inside <qandaentry> or not, and even if I
> put two or more <question>s inside a <qandaentry>.  It doesn't seem to
> matter if I use more <qandadiv>s or <qandaset>s.  Once I get more than six
> <question>s it won't even finish parsing the file.  Is there some other
> trick?

Mercedes sent me a test file, and this problem looks to be
a bug in FOP.  I can run the same FO output through XEP
and PassiveTeX and it does not give that duplicate id error.
The id is on a fo:list-item-label block, and FOP may be
mishandling it at a page break boundary.

                                            email: bobs@caldera.com