Re: Re: DOCBOOK: Announce: BibTex for Docbook

"E.L. Willighagen" wrote:

> No, I guess you're not missing anything... Though a two year DocBook user,
> I am not an expert...
>
> I prefered not to use DocBook tags to make sure I did not interfere with
> DocBook itself... I've just seen the RefDB implementation...

If you don't misuse and abuse tags it is up to you what particular
processing tool does with your document.

> <jref:cite/> ->

Appropriate forms are

<citation>ReferenceID</citation>

or

<xref linkend="ReferenceID"/>

I think that it isn't necessary to mark these elements with some role.
Especially in case of citation it is clear that it is citation and
should be handled this way. If someone uses xref way, things are getting
more complicated. But you can treat them as JReference ones if there is
no such ReferenceID found in document because this probably means that
this ReferenceID should be found in bibliography database.

> and
> <jref:reflist/> ->
> <bibliography role="JReferences"/>

Same case. I think that there is no need for role attribute.

> The role of bibliography @role attribute could be extended to give the
> style... e.g.
>
> <bibliography role="JReferences:ACS"/>

This is one possibility. This can be also written as PI
<bibliography>
<?JReference style="ACS"?>
</bibliography>

> The advantage is (now I see) that anyone can use any customization
> wether public or private and still use JReferences... right?

Yes, and people can use existing tools like XML editors without need to
reconfigure them for extended DTD.

> Would this solve your issue? If so, I'll implement this as such in the
> next release.

Cool. You might also have look at XSL stylesheets parameter
bibliography.collection -- it allows something like your JReferences but
it is not so flexible and needs more hand work. But JReferences could be
also used for genereting output expected by this feature.

				Jirka

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz
  http://www.kosek.cz