RE: Interactive reading

We implemented a comparable system at our university (as you are German:
FH Lüneburg :-)
It is currently not yet on Docbook, but we are currently writing three
diploma thesises that handle the whole food chain of producing digital
books, including micropyment and and an editor.

http://live.fhnon.de:8080/live2002/StartServlet?userOption=showAllDocume
nts&subject=WEB2

We have annotations (instead of your comments) on chapter basis and the
user has to register first (currently only members of our university),
which keeps the amount of thrash at zero, but what might be the reason
that hardly anybody uses this feature :-(

Stephan