Re: Sorting and non-en_US indexes

David Cramer wrote:

> Thanks Jirka. Just to make sure I understand how to use this: Once I
> compile one class for each target language following the naming
> convention Compare_<replaceable>language code</replaceable> (Compare_ja,
> etc), I run saxon with the appropriate langague code?
>
> > java -Duser.language=<replaceable>language-code</replaceable>
> com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet...
>
> ...and it should use the Compare class for the user.language?

I never used user.language before, so I don't have idea for what is good
for. I used <xsl:sort ... lang="<replaceable>language
code</replaceable>"/>

> In the case of Japanese, where there's no notion of upper/lowercase, I
> shouldn't have to edit the declarations for &uppercase; and &lowercase;,
> correct?

I think that you should, because each letter creates separate division
of index. As there are currently only English letters, Japanese index
terms will show all in symbol division.

				Jirka

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz