Compiling different sections

Hello. I have a hopefully simple question....

I have several documents with several pictures, some of which have a "click here for a bigger version" on the HTML output (so that dial-up modem users can see the page without waiting 10 minutes for the pictures to download). The problem is that I want the high quality pictures to be used for the PDF version. If I simply put two image tags, both the HTML and PDF version use the first file reference.

I was under the impression that I could use the role attribute to mark one as "for the html output" and one as the "for pdf output", but I'm confussed as to how I compile this to get the desired output, once it's marked that way. I am using OpenJade and DSSSL stylesheets.

Please let me know how I would do this or if there is a better way to go about it. Thanks!

-Rachel