Re: Generating a TOC for a single <refentry>

On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 06:25:41PM +0100, Kevin.Ruscoe@ubsw.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would like to generate a TOC for a single <refentry>.  This TOC would need entries for at least:
> * Name
> * Synopsis
> * All of the <refsection>'s.
> * All of the <refsect1..n>, I guess.  (However, now that DocBook XSL v1.55.0 supports <refsection>'s, I would personally use those instead.)
>
> Does anybody know of a customisation to do this?
>
> My tool chain is as follows:
>
> DocBook DTD v4.2
> DocBook XSL v1.55.0
> libxml2 v2.4.22
> libxslt v1.0.20
> FOP v0.20.4

This would be a pretty significant customization.
The existing TOC machinery treats a refentry only
as a single line in a larger TOC.  There are no
templates for processing its children to make
a refentry TOC.

If you want to develop a customization, take a look at the
'component.toc' template in fo/autotoc.xsl to see how to
model a possible 'refentry.toc' template.  You'll also need
templates in mode="toc" to process the refentry children.

                                            email: bobs@caldera.com