RE: modular docbook documents using xpointer

well, my 'workaround' in the book-file looks like this (i think i've posted
it before):

<chapter>
	<xi:include xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude";

href="chapter.xml#xpointer(/chapter/*[not(descendant-or-self::chapterinfo)])
">
			<xi:fallback>
				<para>
					<emphasis>chapter.xml
missing.</emphasis>
				</para>
			</xi:fallback>
		</xi:include>
</chapter>

"under" the toplevel it is much easier to do filtering. it might be a not
very elegant solution, but for now it suits my needs.

well, thanks for your help,
arno sosna