Re: dsssl problem with jadetex: hbox overfull in table

On Thursday, November 21, 2002, at 08:37 AM, Roberto Posenato wrote:

If I compile with 'docbook2ps' command, in the result file some tables have a bad layout: columns are overlapped.
I made a comment about this same problem a couple of weeks ago. No idea on a fix, though, short of writing some really scary LaTeX tabular environment code in your customization layer. Probably possible to write such a thing, but I don't have the stomach for it. (This coming from someone who wrote code to remove duplicates in a PDF index.... :-)

Question: Do you known any workaround to remove this problem?

I believe that there are some problems/bad definitions in the docbook.dsl, but I'm not so confident with dsssl language...
I would link to have a good layout of table too. ;-|
The fundamental problem is that the style sheets create a fixed width table with fixed column widths and with no wrapping. None of those three conditions are appropriate, IMHO, unless the style sheets know how to correctly calculate what those widths should be.... It's particularly amusing when, rather than wrapping, you get a table with a single line of text running off the left side of the page. :-|

David