Re: Re: Customizing DocBook to Produce a real URL Tree

On Wednesday 27 Nov 2002 4:47 am, Shlomi Fish wrote:

> Would it be possible to scan the XML beforehand (say with a Perl script)
> and make the directory structure for jade, a priori?

Yep. Anything is possible! You could also process it with DSSSL - rather than
having the stylesheet emit HTML, it could emit a series of

"mkdir -p <id>/<id>...."

"openjade -t fot" produces a tree of the "flow objects" in XML format - i.e.
the things that actually need to be rendered. I suppose it is a bit like
"fop". "fot" is really openjade's internal representation of the processed
data - the HTML/TeX/RTF or whatever backends are really turning the Flow
Object Tree (FOT) into some other format.

Anyway, the FOT might be a better/easier thing to process to get the ids in
the correct order etc. for creating directories.

In a sense whether you choose to do it with XSL or DSSSL is immaterial. Either
way would require some work. The neatest solutions require more work!

> Regards,
>
> 	Shlomi Fish

Ian.