Re: comments on "Using the DocBook XSL Stylesheets"

On Sat, Dec 14, 2002 at 02:29:59PM -0800, Bob Stayton wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion, but I couldn't find anything
> in the LSB documents about XML stylesheets.
> Maybe you are thinking of the "Filesystem Hierarchy
> Standard", which is part of LSB.  The latest version is
> 23 May 2001.  It is available at
> http://www.pathname.com/fhs/
>
> It says to use /usr/share/sgml for SGML and
> XML applications.  It mentions a docbook subdirectory for
> the DTD, but makes no mention of stylesheet locations.
>
> I don't like using a path with "sgml" in it for a book
> that only covers XML.  Maybe I'll just use /usr/share/xml.

  Hum, I generated a number of flamewars in that group by
suggesting XML resources should not be mixed with SGML (because
this is very error prone). Maybe one day someone will have the
time and energy to get this fixed. In the meantime well everybody
uses "/usr/share/sgml", hopefully no instance will use it so it
won't be dramatic if the location changes at some point.

Daniel