Re: OpenOffice and DocBook

"somewhat preliminary" is a somewhat of an understatement.

As someone completely new to docbook, I found OO useless at this stage.

1.0.1 only had support for sdocbook (which is what at that time I
intended to use), and in terms of useability wasn't really unless I
wrote stylesheet to transform the "docbook xml" that had been
transformed from the oo xml.

There are instructions for Xsl Transformation wizards though to open the
jar and improve the stylesheet used to generate the docbook xml.

On OO side, they could use a mechanism for allowing users to choose only
docbook xml tags.  As it is, all the sytles are mixed together so unless
an author knows the docbook tags (which are very limited currently -- no
tables for instance), they won't be able to use it effectively.

IMHO Shawn

Go go go OO!!  Could be a very useful tool someday.

--
shawn <javajunkie@koyuru.com>