xhtml customization

I would like to create an XHTML customization that does these things:
1. removes the id attribute from the <meta name="generator"... element
2. removes the xmlns attribute from the H? output

Perhaps I can turn off the generator meta tag, but I'd rather not.

I've sifted through Bob's document looking for something obvious about
the H? elements, but I need some help sorting through the complexity.

These items are kind of important to me because xmlns in H? and that one id attribute are parsed as invalid by both my Homesite validator and W3C. The cleanup and try-for-valid parameters don't seem to help.

Thanks for your help. ...edN