Chunked HTML file names too long for ISO9660

Yesterday I discovered that when I inserted a CDROM containing a
chunked HTML document on a Win2k machine, I found some of the pages
missing.  The reason was that the file names were too long.  I have
use.id.as.filename, and some of my IDs were too long.

I'm changing the troublesome IDs now, but is there some way to fix
this automatically?  Either shorten the filenames and links to the
files when generating the chunked HTML, or generate warnings/errors?

Thanx!

- Steinar