gentext customization: remove "Abstract" and"Table of Contents" in HTML

I've gotten to the point where the Abstract generated text is removed and replaced with a <b/> in the <p> element. I did this using Bob's customization example at Sagehill.

It would be preferable to eliminate the <b/> and surrounding <p class="title"> elements. Can you give me some pointers please?

I'd like to do the same with the "Table of Contents" gentext that appears at the top of xHTML output, but it's not obvious to me how I would do even suggested customization.

This is an sdbocbook article by the way.

Thanks for your time. ...edN