Re: Docbook xsl stylesheets and accessibilityrequirements?

Tobias, I really didn't mean to imply anything you did was wrong.
It's perfectly fine and good (and who am I to say anyways) to do your
own thing for DocBook->XHTML transformations.  Nothing wrong with
that.  Perhaps you're right that you're needs were so radically
divergant that no merging was possible.  And I didn't mean to make any
sort of evaluation on contributions you've made or not made towards
the projects managed under the Docbook Open Respository.

So lets leave it at that.  One interesting rather unrelated point:

Tobias Reif <tobiasreif@pinkjuice.com> writes:

> Validity is *very* hard to achieve for arbitary valid DocBook input.
> No XSLT author could ever promise that all output generated by his
> XSLTs will be valid, AFAICS.

I need to learn more about XSLT -- is this really true, can someone
other than Tobias confirm it?  I know it's true of DSSSL but I thought
at least technically it was possible to have one tree form transform
into another tree form in such a way that it's possible to ensure that
given valid inputs all possible outputs would be valid.  Maybe this is
feasible but it's just not what XSLT provides.