Re: Docbook xsl stylesheets and accessibilityrequirements?

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 02:39:39PM -0600, Adam DiCarlo wrote:
> > Validity is *very* hard to achieve for arbitary valid DocBook input.
> > No XSLT author could ever promise that all output generated by his
> > XSLTs will be valid, AFAICS.
>
> I need to learn more about XSLT -- is this really true, can someone
> other than Tobias confirm it?  I know it's true of DSSSL but I thought

  Not only that, but you can't even garantee that the output will be
well formed. XSLT can actually generate multirooted entities, so don't
even expect anything about validity.
       http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#section-XML-Output-Method
  And it's not a bug, it's a feature ! All XSLT processors who generate
XML output have to follow that model.

Daniel